International Conference on Rain Water Cistern Systems
Manila , Philipines
- August, 1989
B: Community Participation
Ferrocement Rain Water
Cistern Systems Technology: A Case Study On The DAC Experience Of Barangay Agcabugao,
Abejo / Wilfredo Amper
Development Assisting Center (DAC). as a wholistic approach to community 'development,
aims to enable-people to manage their own development within the context of Christian
love and community Concern.
The exper ience of the people 1n Agcabugao. Cuartero Capiz in adopting: the
technology of a Ferrocement Rain Water cistern Systems tank yielded significant
learning in the process of effective technology infusion The project also encouraged
the community s involvement in each stage of planning implementation and evaluation.
This case study focuses on the following key factors that served to facilitate
the effective process of technology transfer and community involvement
- the facilitative role of the chance agent in the person of the Community Development
- a people-based development process which facilitated the effective problem
solving, mobilization of resources leading the attainment of the goal
- a need-based project ensuring maximum community support and involvement
- maximization on. of local resources plus a strong network with other agencies
as a contributing factor in project success
- introduction of simple technology al lowing for an easy process of adaptation
in the community. And
- recognition of the significant role that women. play in development.
PDF of full document (9pp,
|Note: The IRCSA proceedings
section is still new and under active management, If you find any problems,
ommissions or corrections please contact
the administrator so we can put things right.